1 Corinthians 6:19

"Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own..." 1 Corinthians 6:19

Friday, January 20, 2012

A Separate Blog

I'm so excited to have been given this opportunity to blog about health and nutrition at ACAC!  While I have been a lifelong writer, nutrition and health is just something I dappled in until about 7 years ago when I got certified in nutrition.  At the time, I was working from home for the most part, with a little bit of consulting at a day spa.  It was easy to take care of myself and live a healthy lifestyle, and I had little patience for clients that just couldn't seem to stick with the program.  Soon after, I got an actual job and returned to college and became one of my clients that I had little patience for.  All I knew about living a healthy lifestyle went out the window as I struggled to juggle work, school, and all the activities I committed to at the college.

I wasn't a Christian at that time, and shortly after giving my life to Christ (and finding ACAC), I walked out of the job I had with nothing else lined up because I was miserable and somehow knew God had greater plans for me.  Coincidentally... a close family member of mine was in need and stayed with me for a couple of months.  Not working allowed me to be there for my family, and within a week of my house guest leaving, I got hired at ACAC.  Over two years later, I am still grateful to be part of this organization.  I thank God daily for the blessing of working here with people I love, under leaders I love, doing God's work.

I began then to cross paths with people who needed nutrition advice and I loved being able to help them make better choices.  I volunteered to meet them at their houses or here in the cafe and consult them, or give them information through email, but I really didn't have time to follow up and continue to encourage and assist them.  I even played with the idea of facilitating a nutrition growth group, but again, I just did not have the time.  I was asked to present at a group here once and didn't even have the time to prepare for that (which was evident to anyone who attended, haha!).

So the opportunity to write this blog is exciting to me because I can help Christ's people make better lifestyle choices without really putting a crunch in my already hectic schedule.  I can work on it while waiting in the doctor's office or on breaks in class, and I'm amazed at how God took the desire in my heart to help people with their health, combined it with my LOVE of writing, and brought it all to fruition.  Our timing is never His timing and His timing is always perfect!

My purpose in starting this seperate blog from our ACAC Threads blog is that while working on my 'Water' article, I realized that there is just too much good stuff about water and if I put it all in one blog, I'd cloud up the blog and it would take you all day to read.  Additionally, I can only committ to every other week, but from time to time, I might want to share a link with you or a quick article I come across and I think that would be better on a specific health blog instead of again, clouding up the ACAC Threads page.

The first two articles I wrote for Healthy for Christ can be found here.





No comments:

Post a Comment